About Centro de Alto Rendimento do Pocinho
The High-Performance Rowing and Canoeing Center of Pocinho (Centro de Alto Rendimento do Pocinho) it’s located at Vila Nova de Foz Côa, in the north of Portugal (about 1h30m from Oporto).
This region it’s known and classified as a UNESCO world heritage. A protected area of the upper Douro vineyard and offers perfect conditions for the practice of nautical sports as rowing and canoeing all along the year.
The modern building, winner of several architectural prizes, has the capacity for 159 athletes divided between 85 different rooms.
Sport for all
The building is organized in 3 distinct areas, Social Zone, Accommodation Zone and Training Zone, and it was thought to ensure mobility and accessibility for all in an extension of 8,000 m2.
What it’s included in the plan?*
The basic plan includes:
- Rental Boat
- Airport Transfer
- Full Board
- Motor Boat
- Access to all areas of the center
- Fully equipped gym, with about 500m²;
- Administrative and theoretical support rooms for training;
- Meeting room of coaches;
- Multimedia room for theoretical classes and video screenings;
- Multipurpose rooms for national technical teams;
- Medical area with complementary diagnostic facilities;
- Indoor pool 25m x 5,65m (depths between 1,20m e 1,70m);
- Relaxation area with whirlpool, Sauna, Turkish bath;
- Shower rooms;
- Technical installations.
Outdoor Training Zone:
- Outdoor Sports Area;
- Douro River, by platform of access to the water plan, in the Cais of Pocinho (1 km from the Center), with hangar for boats and nautical equipment.
The Social Area has:
- Auditorium with translation rooms (for 3 different languages);
- A study room with library and cyberspace;
- Living room with games and living areas;
- Administrative office, meeting room;
- Canteen for around 70 users;
- Bar room
- Staff Rooms
- Garage, with 500 m2;
- Technical areas distributed by the building.
share it among your friends…